Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Professionals

Eli 16.6 wears a suit and dress shoes to the rink before games.

"I think I need to get my shoes shined," he said before we left for Detroit. His shoes were scuffed and scratched in places. Winter in Michigan is hard on dress shoes.

"No problem," I said. "We can check at the mall after we eat dinner. Some malls have a stand for that."

Gloria went to a closet and brought back things.

"What are those?" I asked.

"Shoe polish and a rag," she said.

"Oh, no," I said. "We're leaving this to the professionals."

"It's just shining a shoe," she said.

"Sure," I said. "And if I want a chair, I can just make one, right? Even though I can barely dress myself, I can just tape a chair together or something. Or I can call a chair person and they can make a quality chair."

"Good grief," Gloria said.

"I don't have time to go to shoe shining school and get a degree. Or an advanced degree, if I could afford the student loans."

"Packing it anyway," she said.

"Just begging for disaster," I said.




Site Meter