Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Entertainment

Eli 16.4 came home for lunch yesterday.

We usually watch "Price is Right" when he comes home, because it's the perfect length, plus there's competition.

Not always, though.

"Hey, did you see what I taped for you?" I asked. He's pulling up the program list on the DVR.

"No, what?"

"The ACL Southern College Cornhole Championships," I said.

"Why would you do that?" he asked.

"Because it's the ACL," I said.

"What is that?" he asked.

"I have no idea!" I said.

"Well, we have to watch this," he said.

Incredibly, this is actually a thing, and here's some Georgia fans after a big quarterfinal win:


I know. I have no words, either.

Best announcer lines: "This atmosphere is getting electric!" and "This game's going to come down to who puts the most bags in holes." 

We watched a few matches, and noting the strategy, a pattern emerged. "This is basically the redneck version of curling," I said.

"Oh my god," Eli said. "That's it!"

All in all, it was wildly entertaining, in a Spinal Tap kind of way.

"DO NOT watch the rest of this without me," Eli said, as he left to go back to school.

Site Meter