Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Good Boy

I was working at the library and decided to go to the downstairs snack area.

A very little boy, maybe three, was sitting at a table with his mom. They were having an interesting conversation. "Mom, what are those big chairs for?" he asked. There are adult-sized chairs and tables mixed with the smaller ones.

"Those are for the big kids," she said.

"Where are the big kids?" he asked.

"They're at school," she said.

"For story time?" he asked.

That totally cracked me up, so after I got my drink, I walked over to him and said, "Little buddy, do you have a piggy bank?"

He looked very, very serious and said "I do."

I handed him the quarter. "This is for your piggy bank, for being a good boy."

He quietly said thank you, then talked to his mom in low tones as I started to walk up the stairs. Just as I got to the top, he bellowed "THANK YOU!" at the top of his lungs, and everyone on both floors of the library could hear him.

I had the biggest smile.


Site Meter