Thursday, July 27, 2017

An Idea

We were listening to the radio on the way to the rink.

"HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF HAVING A PUTTING GREEN IN YOUR BACKYARD?"

"No," Eli 15.11 said.

"Absolutely not," I said. "But I can think of something I'd want in the front yard."

"What?" Eli asked.

"A miniature golf course," I said. "A little course where all the neighborhood kids could play for free whenever they wanted."

"Oh, that's great," he said, laughing. "That would be awesome."

"Just think about it," I said. "Six holes in the front yard, because it's pretty small, then a transitional hole down the steep slope to the backyard. Twelve holes in the backyard."

"I can actually see this," Eli said.

"All the classics," I said. "Clown's mouth. The windmill."

"A dragon," he said.

"A whale's mouth," I said.

"Leader boards," he said. "By age group."

Gloria's been in Chicago for two days. She better hurry back before this gets legs.

Site Meter