Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Nutrition

Eli 15.7 was on crutches for a few days two weekends ago, related to his injury.

We went to a high school game to see the goalie we met on the very first day of Eli's first Detroit camp, six years ago. We've been friends ever since, and his family is entirely awesome.

At the first intermission, Eli crutched to the snack bar, and I went with him to assist in carrying stuff back.

The line was long.

"Hey, what do you want?" I asked.

"Spree and a blue slushie," he said.

"Why don't you just go back and sit down?" I asked. "I'll wait in line."

"Do you even know what Spree ARE?" he asked. "They're candy."

"Of course they're candy," I said. "Are you kidding me? Candy is right in my nutritional wheelhouse. I am very familiar with Spree."

"Well, okay," he said.

"Candy and icing," I said. "Two of the four basic food groups."

For some reason, this struck him as so funny that he nearly fell off his crutches.

Site Meter