Thursday, January 07, 2016

The Big Jump

Eli 14.5 jumped 9'0" yesterday. I was speechless.

Today, I picked him up from school.

"After that jump yesterday, I think you need a nickname," I said.

"Oh, no," Eli said.

"Something 'classy' ," I said.

"Classy is important," he said.

"Something that conveys the sheer intimidation of your athleticism," I said.

"I don't like where this is going," he said.

"We've always agreed that you were part giraffe, part kangaroo," I said.

"We never did, but okay," he said.

"So," I said, "clearly, you're--The GIRANGAROO."

"The what?" he said.

"Half giraffe, half kangaroo," I said.

"I question your sanity--again," he said.

"It's perfect," I said. "Plus, it's kid friendly. It reminds me of Garanimals."

"Your favorite clothing line," he said.

"Color coordinate--with confidence," I said.

"Well, this is a disaster," he said.

"I'll ask Fredrik to draw the Girangaroo," I said.

"Girangaroo--TM," Eli said.

"Obviously," I said. "T-shirts incoming."

"Of course they are," he said, laughing.

Site Meter