Thursday, July 30, 2015

Ten minutes? That's Barely an Intro

Ian Jalbert saw my Starcastle and raised me Transatlantic:
Introducing the first album from the band Transatlantic (released in 2000), who began as a sidegroup of several prog rock bands:

1. "All of the Above" 
I. "Full Moon Rising" (7:11)
II. "October Winds" (5:54)
III. "Camouflaged in Blue" (5:22)
IV. "Half Alive" (2:02)
V. "Undying Love" (3:57)
VI. "Full Moon Rising (Reprise) (6:33)"   31:00

2. "We All Need Some Light" (Neal Morse) 5:45
3. "Mystery Train"   6:52
4. "My New World"   16:16
5. "In Held ('Twas) in I" (Gary Brooker/Matthew Fisher/Keith Reid, arranged by Morse/Stolt/Portnoy/Trewavas) 
I. "Glimpses of Nirvana"
II. "In the Autumn of My Madness"
III. "Look to Your Soul"
IV. "Grand Finale"   17:21

Yes, two of the tracks are split into segments because the songs are so long!   

Okay, a thirty-one minute suite as the first cut on your first album--ambitious.

I'm listening to it right now, and while I don't like it nearly as much as Starcastle, I respect the half hour:





Site Meter