Monday, June 01, 2015

Gridiron Solitaire #Unknown: New Card Art!

First off, let's have a look at the old card art:




These images fit in well with the nostalgia theme I wanted to use, but with revised, more modern-looking background screens, it was important for the cards to be revised as well.

These aren't absolutely final, but they're close. First, the new deck with no card numbers on the outside (the card number is on the jersey):




I am so happy with how these new cards look, and playing the game with a deck like this will be so much fun.

For people who want a more regular deck, there's a conventional deck with bigger numbers in the corners, like this:


Fredrik did something I really like, this is have the player image cover part of the number where it overlaps. It gives the card a 3D effect that is very striking.

I don't know how long it's going to take to roll out the entire decks. Fredrik is still finishing some things up, and the new cards have to be out at the same time as the new interface screens, so I have quite a bit of super boring work to do to put in the new background images.

I'm aiming for the end of July, before we leave for goalie camp. I hope.

Site Meter