Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Lightbender

Jeremy Gordon (DQ reader) sent me a book a few weeks ago. His book.

I didn't know what to expect.

What I absolutely didn't expect was for the book to be wonderful. It's a science fiction novel for young adults, and it's one of the most imaginative, thoughtful works of fiction I've read in a long time. It's just a damned good story, and I read the entire book in two days.

What makes this so special? Well, for one, it's warm. There's a feeling of warmth that pervades the entire book, and it's a pleasure. The writing style is airy and expansive, which is very unique to this genre. The writing style is also supple, and deft. I was continually surprised by the cleverness of the narrative.

Well, that's enough. No spoilers. You should just read the damn thing. Here's the Amazon link: The Lightbender.


Site Meter