Monday, January 20, 2014

Gridiron Solitaire #90: The Last Step

Steam has approved the game, and I requested a release date of tomorrow at  2 p.m. CST.

That doesn't mean it's going to be released tomorrow at 2 p.m. The game still isn't on the "Coming Soon" section of Steam, and I haven't heard anything since the game was approved. I'm not sure what that means, and I don't know what kind of things Steam has to do on the back end.

If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, please enjoy this photo of Eli 12.5, wearing his Gridiron Solitaire shirt:


In the publicity category, I was told that the Weekend Confirmed podcast mentioned GS, so thanks. And also in the thanks category, I'd like to mention David Byron, who not only pushed the Greenlight campaign on Popehat, but was also responsible for getting Scott K. Ratner to voice the cut scene. David isn't in the credits, because I wasn't exactly sure how to categorize what he did (Talent scout? Talent procurer?), but I wanted to thank him.

I'm still playing a ton of games every day, and I'm finding small things to improve. Really small, like the location of the date on the newspaper headline page.

I was thinking this weekend about how this all started, and that led me to DQ Legal Advisor Lee Rawles. I believe he was the first person I told, when he was down in Austin on a business trip. We had lunch, I sketched out what I was thinking, and then there was this fulcrum point. It would have been entirely reasonable for Lee to point out reasonable things, like
1) I couldn't write one line of code.
2) Learning how to code is difficult.
3) This cannot possibly be a reasonable idea.

Instead, Lee did none of those things. He was entirely positive, he asked intelligent questions, and he took me seriously.

In retrospect, that was very important. If he had been reasonable, then I would have probably been reasonable, too, and this game would never have been made.

Site Meter