Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Hmm

So I'm having an annoying problem with Steam.

Late last week, Steam popped up a little "verify e-mail address" prompt, which I answered. They send you an e-mail to the account's e-mail address, you click on the link, and you're done.

This time, though, I didn't get an e-mail. I've done this before, and never had a problem, so this was something new. Tried again. No e-mail. It doesn't look like my spam filter is blocking it, either, as far as I can tell.

I log into Steam automatically whenever I start the program. That means I haven't thought about my password in several years, and I don't remember it. Duh.

Now I'm in some kind of crappy Catch-22 loop. I can't reset my password if I'm not getting Steam e-mails, and I can't try too many different passwords in log-in attempts or I'll get locked out of the account.

After the game ships, I'm going to need to be able to log into Steam on the web and answer forum questions, etc., from a laptop, because Eli 12.4 has plenty of hockey trips in January/February. So I was trying to take care of this in advance, not knowing that I was pulling on the world's biggest knot.


Site Meter