Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Pixar Theory

The Edwin Garcia Links Machine sent me an article that was so extraordinary it's getting it's own post.

The article is The Pixar Theory, and here's the author's description:
Every Pixar movie is connected. I explain how, and possibly why. 

Several months ago, I watched a fun-filled video on Cracked.com that introduced the idea (at least to me) that all of the Pixar movies actually exist within the same universe. 

Since then, I’ve obsessed over this concept, working to complete what I call “The Pixar Theory,” a working narrative that ties all of the Pixar movies into one cohesive timeline with a main theme. 

This theory covers every Pixar production since Toy Story.

Is he right? It doesn't matter. This is a magnificent, careening piece of work. It's incredibly detailed, incredibly long, and undeniably inspired. And worth reading.

Site Meter