Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Please Steal This Idea

Who wouldn't want to eat this for lunch?


(sorry, I'd give credit for the image, but I found it on Tumblr and have no idea where it came from)

That's a bento box, which are traditionally Japanese (and traditionally for children), but doesn't the image just make you break out into a big grin? I know I did.

So here's my question: why hasn't anyone opened up a restaurant that specializes in bento boxes? Isn't there a market for this?

Austin seems like it would be the perfect place to do this. Sell these for lunches, plus have a restaurant attached for people who want to come in and eat.

Too expensive to make? Maybe now, but 3-D printers are being used with food now, and they're getting better and more sophisticated every day.




Site Meter