Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Great Energy Crisis of 2012: Officially Over

I wrote a few weeks ago that I was very concerned about Eli 10.9 because his energy level had seemingly been halved. It was bad enough that we thought he might have mono, but after the bloodwork came back negative, we decided to give it a few weeks and make sure he was going to bed on-time each night. His bedtime had been drifing by 20-30 minutes, which doesn't sound like much, but it was worth a try.

It didn't happen overnight, but today I realized that he's finally back to normal. We stayed after school and worked on corner kicks/penalty kicks (his tournament semifinal is finally being played on Thursday), then he went to hockey and played as well as I've ever seen him play. He faced about 70 shots in an hour of 3-3, against very skilled players, and he only gave up 5 goals, all of which were on second and third shots. Plus a coach was shooting on him when the puck was at the other end (cross-ice), and he was stopping him, too. He was hyper-quick, which is how he plays when he's feeling right.

"That was really fun," he said when he stepped off the ice.

"I think you're back," I said. "One hundred percent."

"I'm back, baby!" he said, smiling.

Look out, world. The Enthusiasm Engine has returned.

Site Meter