Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baller

I forgot to tell you the only funny story on the day Eli had his concussion.

Once we got home from the hospital, and he was more himself again, I asked him what happened after he got hit in the head. "The teacher asked me if I was okay, and I thought I was," he said. "We pitched to our own team, and I was up to bat next, so I went ahead and batted."

"What happened?"

"I hit a homerun," he said. "I hit it so far that I could just walk around the bases, and I felt dizzy when I was walking. That's when I knew something was wrong."

"So let me get this straight," I said. "Not that you're ever supposed to do this, but you got a concussion, then went up to bat and hit a home run?"

"That's right," he said.

"BALLER!" I said. He started laughing.

We stopped at Target last week and bought him some sunglasses, so that he would have something to wear if his eyes were sensitive to light. Today, when we went out for lunch as part of a "get the hell out of the house" trip, he put them on. He said his eyes aren't sensitive to light anymore, but he likes wearing them. "These sunglasses are seriously cool," he said.

"Do you know who wears those sunglasses?" I asked.

"Who?" he said.

"Ballers," I said. "That's who."

He laughed. "Remind me why I'M wearing them again?" he said.

"I have no idea," I said, and we both laughed.

Site Meter