Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Difficult Patient

I've been having more muscle soreness/achilles tendonitis etc. than usual, enough so that it's really affecting my workout schedule. On a visit to my doctor for a periodic blood test, I mentioned that I was struggling.

"Let's check your vitamin D level," she said. "If it's low, it affect your level of muscle fatigue."

"The only other thing I can think of that I haven't mentioned is that my circulation is pretty poor," I said.

"Why do you say that?" she asked.

"My hands are cold almost all the time," I said. "Well, much more often than other people, anyway."

She laughed. "There's nothing wrong with your circulation," she said. "It's good."

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Because I did some research, and according to the Internet, I may already be dead."

She's a patient person.

Site Meter