Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Curse Of Plenty

Since I eat lunch at Subway 3-4 days a week, I eat quite a few bags of Miss Vickie's Jalapeno Potato Chips.

These bags are the individual serving size, and of course, the bags are 2/3 air, so there aren't many chips. They're still good, though.

About a month ago, I picked up a sandwich and a bag of chips, and the bag felt heavy. When I opened it, I realized that I'd basically discovered the Seven Cities Of Cibolo in potato chip form.

This bag was packed. It was 99% full of potato chips, and there were at least the number of chips in three regular bags.

It was entirely awesome.

Maybe that's happened to you before, but in 40+ years of eating chips, it had never happened to me. And in case you're wondering--hell yes, I ate them all.

Great story, right?

Well, yes. And no. Before this happened, I always took the first bag of chips I picked up. I mean, what's the difference, right? Now, though, I always pick up three or four bags before choosing one, because I'm haunted by that hefty, magic moment, a moment that will never be repeated.

Site Meter