Tuesday, October 13, 2009

In Close Quarters

We've all been in the house for four days, basically, so while we all lose our minds, here are a few notes about various things.

--Eli had a bad night on Sunday, waking up with a terrible headache and a 102 fever, but he got steadily better during the day, and today his fever is gone and all that's left is a cough.

--We've been watching a lot of hockey, and during one of the commercials, Gloria said, "Hooter's is just Chili's with boobies."

--I've invented two new words: "alcohologist" and "f*ckduggery."

--We were watching football on Sunday, and Gloria asked Eli if he wanted something to eat, and he said "After further review, the ruling on the field is confirmed. Lunch!"

--He also said (I've forgotten about what) "With a heavy heart, I must decline."

--We were playing Clone Wars together in co-op mode, and at an isolated point in a level, we spontaneously attacked each other with lightsabers. "So THIS is how it ends," he said, laughing.

--Last week, we were at a bookstore, and Eli picked up a book. "Look, Dad, it's '101 Things To Do Before You Grow Up.' " He started flipping through a book, and a few seconds later, he said, "And one of them apparently involves a cannon."

--I did go out to ride yesterday. I pushed off from my car in the driveway, had one ride that lasted 35 minutes (2.8 miles), and stepped off when I got back to the driveway. Man, that felt great. Clearly, I don't have the swine flu. Yet.

Site Meter