Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random Gaming Notes

First off, I tried out The Wheelman (thanks Gamefly), and unfortunately, it wasn't as much fun as the demo, at least to me. It's a game that has plenty of interesting ideas, but it's not quite polished, and there are some design decisions in terms of gameplay that reduce its appeal.

I did, however, see one of the greatest character descriptions ever. In describing one of your female contacts, part of the description was this: "...both for her expertise as a thief, and for her work as a flamenco dancer."

I think I speak for all of us when I read that and think hell, yes.

The Dead Rising 2 trailer is out, and I only hope that this game has as much charm (I know, a bizarre word to use in association with zombies, but it really did) as the original. I thought the addition of photography played a huge rule in making the game so much fun, and Frank West was a terrific protagonist. I wish they had kept him and his camera for the second installment, because the idea of this somehow happening to him again could have been very funny. He could just have been on vacation or something and wound up right in the middle of everything.

Okay, here's a list of games I'm looking forward to this year, and I'll have more details in a few days. For now, though, the list is just a teaser.
Red Faction: Guerilla
Plants vs. Zombies
Rise of Flight
Dyson
Infamous
Torchlight

Site Meter