Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rock Band #105

I can't remember if I mentioned this previously, but I had several conversations with my good friend John Harwood about how much fun it would be to play the Rock Band songs on real drums. Not a real kit modified to work with the game, just a kit where you could play along with the song in practice mode. You wouldn't get a score, but you'd get to see how the "Expert" line sounded compared to the real song.

Well, someone has now, and there's a forum thread and videos here. The fellow states up front that he's not an expert drummer, but it's still fun to see the videos, and he does pretty well.

I'd really like to see one of the top five drummers do this with a real kit on the Metallica songs (or Won't Get Fooled Again) and see what it sounds like.

I still have 12 songs on Hard (drumming) that I haven't 4-starred or 5-starred yet, and I'm guessing that some of them are just going to stay out of reach. I'd be pretty happy if I could get it down to 5.

Site Meter