Thursday, February 14, 2008

First (Lost) Tooth

Eli 6.6 has been in the process of losing a tooth for the last two weeks, but it just kept hanging on.

"The easiest thing to do is get some pliers and just yank it out," I said.

"No!" he said, laughing.

"There's always the string trick," Gloria said.

"What's the string trick?" he asked.

"Well, you get a piece of string, tie it around the tooth, attach the other end of the string to a doorknob, and--"

"SLAM!" I said.

"NOOOO!" he shouted.

"I'm not sure that would even work," I said. "To be completely sure that we get the tooth, I think we need to go to the rope technique."

"The ROPE technique?" Eli asked.

"You take a rope and tie it around the loose tooth," I said. "Then you take the other end and tie it around a car bumper. I start the car, revvvvvv the engine, and stomp on the gas pedal."

"ARGGHHHH!" Eli said.

"Either your tooth comes out or the car bumper falls off," I said.

It finally fell out on Sunday, by the way.

I've piled up a few Eli lines that I'll give to you all at once.

Last night, Eli was talking to Gloria about Melanie, a girl in his first grade class. "She's a nice girl and she's really sweet," he said. "But I don't X and O her."

Yesterday, he saw me hugging Gloria in the dining room. "Hey," he said, "why are you hugging when you're not leaving?"

We were watching an Avatar episode together and Avatar Roku gave a warning speech to someone whose life he was sparing. When Roku was finished, Eli said "Now THAT was a mouthful of frightening."

Last week, we were all downtairs together and Eli said he wanted to go up and play on his own in his room. On his way up the stairs, he said, "You might hear a LOT of rampage."

Finally, last week he found a die I had from some long-forgotten game. He asked to borrow it, rolled it, looked at the face on the die, and said "YES! I remain in human form!"

Site Meter