Monday, December 24, 2007

A Note on Fairway Solitaire

First off, like I said last week, you need to try out this game. It is a 100% recommendation.

I mentioned in the post I made about the game last week that you could use the golf club cards you collected to extend a streak. That's true, but what I didn't know then was that you don't have to use them to continue a streak--you can start a new streak.

Here's an example. Let's say you've got a run of 2-3-4-5-6 going, and you've got a 7 and a 4 in your golf bag. If you want, playing the 7 will extend your streak, but you could also play the 4 and start a new run (in points terms, though, it adds to your current streak). So the golf club card you play doesn't have to continue an existing streak, which makes them very powerful as gameplay elements.

I've gotten e-mails from about a dozen of you who have tried out the demo. Everyone loved it, and it would be almost impossible not to, because it is utterly addictive.

Site Meter