Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rock Band: the Replacement Stratocaster

DQ reader JC Fedorczyk received his replacement Stratocaster controller for Rock Band today, and instead of playing for five straight hours (which is what I would have done), he thought of us instead and snapped some pictures.

First off, here's a picture of the old strum bar:



And here's a close-up:


Today, when the new guitar arrived, he took a few pictures.

First, a standard view:



Now, a close-up:


So the original needed two pieces of metal to touch to complete the circuit. This new one, though, looks magnet-based (at least it does to me, and if I'm wrong, I'm sure you guys will let me know).

Here are JC's comments on how the new controller plays:
It feels a little "stiffer" then the old one but not in a negative way. I'm not sure if that is due to it being new and the foam hasn't been broken in yet. Seems to react just fine with strumming and may even be slightly more responsive, but that's hard to say without being able to compare an old and new working one side by side. I played for about an hour on hard and it was smooth sailing.

Many thanks to JC for taking the time to take the photos and write up his impressions.

Site Meter