Wednesday, October 24, 2007

One More Gaming Link, And It's a Doozy

Kato Katonian sent me a link to some screenshots he took in Halo 3--in 3-D. Here's an excerpt from the discovery process:
I was panning the camera back and forth looking for a good angle on my subject when it occurred to me: with full control over the camera, I can take multiple pictures from slightly different angles. This is the foundation of stereo photography. Since the screenshots aren't locked to the Xbox (I can download them to my PC via the Bungie website), I can process them into 3D screenshots!

That is sheer genius, and the screenshots look absolutely amazing. You'll need a pair of 3-D glasses, and be sure to click on the "Halo 3 Stereo 3D Screenshots Red/Cyan" link inside the article for a Flickr slideshow.

See it all here.

Site Meter