Thursday, March 29, 2007

We are currently having problems processing your credit card

Gamestop sent me an e-mail about an order I placed that couldn't be processed (the title of this post is taken from their e-mail). I couldn't remember placing an order recently, or even in the last six months, that hadn't already shipped, so I gave them a call.

"Yes sir, it looks like the credit card expiration date has expired," said the helpful customer service guy, who picked up the phone on the very first ring.

"I don't even remember having an order outstanding," I said.

"It looks like the card expired November of 2005," he said.

"What game is on that order?" I asked.

"Looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.," he said.

I placed that order over two years ago, which should let you know how long that game was "close to shipping."

I still haven't installed it, by the way, although I do have a level 33 Knight in Puzzle Quest that is absolutely kicking ass.

Site Meter