Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hangar 18

I've just been grinding away on Hangar 18, practicing the solos. I can get to 70% on most of them (4B, 7, and 8 are still in the impossible category, though), but when I try to play the song, I can't string them together without blowing up.

If you haven't played it, the song is highly technical in the sense that it seems to require every skill you've learned in the game, and if you have any weaknesses, this song will find them quickly. It's very fast and many of the solos have long runs that require a high level of skill with hammer-ons/pull-offs. I have no idea how anyone could get through this song just picking it note by note, although I'm sure some people have.

It will be at least another week before I even have a miniscule chance of passing. But that's what makes this game different for me--even "grinding" is fun.

By the way, Dave Green e-mailed and reminded me that Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes came out in 2004 for the Gamecube and did quite well.

Site Meter