Wednesday, March 28, 2007

CONTEST!

Four copies of Guitar Hero II for the 360 (or games of equivalent value) are up for grabs.

Here's how you enter, and of course you knew I was going to work the next big thing in music--Graham Wilkinson & the Underground Township--into this.

Just go to the band's Myspace Music page here and listen to the four songs so that you can answer the following questions:

1. In the song "Velcro Rainbow," which instrument do you NOT hear?
--organ
--bass
--harmonica
--I hear all of them

3. In the song "Let it Go," the lyrics say laugh until what?

3. Which of the songs has both a gospel-sounding organ section and an apocalyptic guitar solo (near the end)?

Note: don't overthink this question. The guitar solo in question is completely unlike anything you'll hear in the other three songs. And seriously, how often does a band do anything this cool?

4. In the song "Bird Booze Reggae," there is a trumpet solo. Yes or no?

Once you've listened to the songs and have the answers, send me an e-mail titled "CONTEST." One entry per person, please. In the body of the e-mail, provide answers to the questions. If your answers are correct, you're entered into the contest drawing. And as an incentive to enter early, if you answer correctly by 8 p.m. CST tonight, you get two chances in the contest drawing instead of one.

Please note that I can't tell you if your answers were correct while the contest is ongoing. So you won't hear back from me until the entry deadline passes.

I'm doing this both to thank you guys for reading as well as to get the band more exposure. They are writing and recording amazing songs, and I'm doing what I can to get more people to hear them. As part of that, I have ten CD's of the band that are also available.
[UPDATE: the CD's have all been claimed. Thanks.]

Contest entry ends tomorrow (Thursday in the U.S.) at midnight. And if a ton of you guys enter, I might add another prize or two to the mix. Like I said, it's both to thank you for reading and to get more exposure for a band whose future I really believe in.

Site Meter