Friday, December 22, 2006

Eli 5.4 Gets the Christmas Spirit

I was upstairs in the bathroom and heard Eli 5.4 clomping up the stairs.

"HEY DAD!" he shouts, two feet outside the bathroom door.

"Yes, buddy?"

"I have a QUESTION for you," he said. "Can I open up a Christmas present?"

"No," I said. "Any other questions?"

"No," he said. "That was it." I heard him walk off, then heard him shout "MOM! HE WON'T LET ME OPEN UP ONE EITHER!"

****
Eli was watching The Fox and the Hound, and there were two foxes nuzzling each other. He said "That's a lot of lovage there."

When the show ended, he realized he hadn't had a "movie snack." To him, the snack is as much a part of the movie as the movie itself, and since we were out of popcorn, he'd missed out. He went to Gloria and said "But what am I going to have for movie-ing?"

****
Eli has a friend named Madison who tends to be a bit bossy--just like him. So he went for a visit this week, and when he came back, I asked him if he had a good time. "Pretty good," he said. "But Madison is SO BOSSY. I have ideas on what to do, and SHE just drives me crazy."

****
Eli was watching a Superman cartoon on a DVD that had been given to him by some friends for Christmas. We weren't sure the content was suitable for him, so he was being allowed to watch one episode. After about ten minutes and about five rescues by Superman, I asked him if he liked the show. "It's pretty good," he said. "No violence yet--just saving."

Site Meter