Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Very Likely

I was watching football on Sunday afternoon when I heard Eli 5.1 at the top of the stairs.

"So since this is VERY LIKELY for me to DROP this on my FOOT, can I get SOMEONE to HELP me?" He was carrying this little wicker basket of toys down the stairs. It was the size of a loaf of bread, somewhat less dangerous than the apocalyptic scenario he was presenting.

Gloria started laughing when she heard him, because he wasn't stopping to wait for help. No, he was headed down the stairs to certain doom, according to him, unless someone intervened right away.

Once they reached the bottom of the stairs, Gloria said "You know, you could have waited for someone to get to the top of the stairs to help you."

"Well," he said, "I'm afraid this causing for disaster."

I think that was an explanation. There's no telling.

Later he had all his toy heroes set up and they were battling the bad guys, and he was right in the middle of a climactic battle when he jumped up off the carpet and said "The fighter needs to go potty. Excuse me."

Site Meter