Wednesday, June 28, 2006

This is Your Brain on Drugs

It's just hard to ignore these things:
...SCEA president Kaz Hirai isn't promising a $59.99 price tag for PS3 games this fall. In an interview with PSM, the Sony leader explained. So, what I can say now is, I think it would be a bit of a stretch to think that we could suddenly turn around and say "PS3 games now $99.99." I don't think the consumers expect the software pricing to suddenly be double," he told the magazine. "So, if it becomes a bit higher than fifty-nine bucks don't ding me, but, again, as I said, I don't expect it to be a hundred bucks."

$69.95, anyone? More? "I don't expect it to be a hundred bucks"? Again, how much crack are all these executives smoking?

What we are watching here is nothing less than the implosion of one of the greatest and most revered electronics companies in history. These people are all so divorced from reality that it's just staggering.

It's one thing to have backed yourself into a corner. It's another thing entirely to pull down your pants and moon people while you stand there.

Site Meter