Friday, January 13, 2006

Endless Forest (2)

From DQ reader Steven Kreuch:
So of course I had to download and try The Endless Forest. Of course I won't tell you what the name of the deer is that I registered under because it's very NC-17, but I wanted to see if I could. Now the worst part is that I load it up... and I'm a HUMAN FACED DEER. That is freaky! It's like I'm Seaman in deer-form. It's just not right. I start moving around the game and all of a sudden... someone else trots up to me and starts rubbing antlers. I immediately quit the game fearing that it might be a fellow dubiousquality reader.

Also, from Bobby Orr:
The Endless Forest seems like it could be a bizarre social experiment or something. Maybe they’re just cultivating some stock for a future hunting game add-on:”Come shoot in our virtual forest of human-controlled deer!”

That's it!

Next month, two human-faced deer will be rubbing antlers, engaged in conversation, when they notice some kind of structure in the distance. Is it an ancient symbol of power? A place to meditate.

No, it's a deer stand.

And if you're not familiar with that term, it's not a structure where deer stand.

Site Meter