Friday, October 21, 2005

Out on the Town

We went to dinner at Chili's tonight, and they had this craptastic 80's music loop going. Gloria was eating a buffalo chicken salad, and at one point she suddenly started wiping her neck with a napkin. "Great," she said. "I've got sauce all over myself." After a few more passes with the napkin, she said "I can't tell if I got it all."

"Hold on," I said. "I've got some cotton balls in my pocket. I'll throw them at your neck and see if they stick."

Later, I looked up and saw her mouthing the words to a song that was playing. "Are you actually lip-syncing to "R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.?" I asked.

"I can't help it," she said.

"You know I have to use that."

After that we went to Target and I saw (I am not making this up) an adult Knight Rider costume for Halloween. It worked--I was scared to death. They also had a Miami Vice costume as well as Magnum, P.I. And, of course, Bo Duke from Dukes of Hazzard.

Then I saw violins on an end cap for ninety-nine dollars. Violins in Target. On a freaking end-cap, no less. We live in a crazy world.

Site Meter