Monday, June 27, 2005

This Week's Geriatric Bad-Ass

Right on schedule (from MSNBC, and thanks to DQ reader David Jones for submitting the story):
NAIROBI - A 73-year-old Kenyan grandfather reached into the mouth of an attacking leopard and tore out its tongue to kill it, authorities said Wednesday.

Peasant farmer Daniel M’Mburugu was tending to his potato and bean crops in a rural area near Mount Kenya when the leopard charged out of the long grass and leapt on him.

M’Mburugu had a machete in one hand but dropped that to thrust his fist down the leopard’s mouth. He gradually managed to pull out the animal’s tongue, leaving it in its death-throes.


I'm very curious about what happened during that "gradually managed" period.

I'd like to personally offer Mr. M'Mburugu a Dubious Quality t-shirt with the embroidered message "I Ripped Out a Leopard's Tongue And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

I eagerly await your e-mail, sir.

Site Meter