Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Springtime in Paris

It was a long day yesterday. After Eli 3.7 went to bed about 9 p.m., I came back downstairs and worked on the MVP player progression mod for six hours straight. When I was done and I finally stumbled upstairs at 3 a.m., I thought at least I know tomorrow will be better than this.

So today at 11:30 a.m., laying on my side, with my knees drawn up and my doctor's finger up my ass, I thought define better.

Prostate infection, in case you're keeping score at home. Less fun than a barrel of monkeys, unless those monkeys have prostate infections. And if they do, good luck with the exam--you'll need it.

When Eli was version 2.0, he started taking pictures with disposable cameras, which I know I've mentioned before. Then he went through a year or so when cameras didn't interest him much. Now, he's taking pictures again.

Here's what it's like around our house. I wake up this morning and drag myself out of bed around eight. I'm wearing underwear and nothing else, stumbling toward the bathroom, when I hear "Say cheese!"

FLASH.

At breakfast, a mouthful of cereal, trying to jam in a piece of toast at the same time. "Say cheese!"

FLASH.

Tomorrow, I'm joining the YMCA so I have a place to shower.

Site Meter