Friday, February 25, 2005

Whoo, Tony!

I turned off the shower this morning and opened the door. Eli 3.6 was flopped face-down on the carpet. He struggled to turn over, mumbled "Out of many--one," then flopped over again.

That's the key to saving the planet in the Rescue Heroes movie, by the way--gathering an unexplained, uncontrolled series of lightning strikes that are threatening the planet into one gigantic bolt. Then the lightning returns to the volcano it came from or something like that. Then they get a new element named after them called "Rescue Hero-tonium."

I'm sure Enrico Fermi and Lord Rutherford would be thrilled.

There's a point in the movie where a character yells "Whoa, doggies! Ride 'em, cowboy!" Eli, with his talent for "manglage," runs around the house yelling "Whoo, Tony! On cowboy!"

If you want Eli to do someting, you must now precede the activity with the "Mission Select" designation. As in, "Eli--Mission Select: bathtime," or "Eli--Mission Select: carrots."

If I hadn't come to like the Rescue Heroes so much, it would be driving me crazy, but it doesn't. Tomorrow he's going to test for his Rescue Heroes Certification on a course I've designed that goes from the backyard to the front and out into the cul-de-sac.

Yes, I'm crazy. I'm finding that it helps.

Site Meter