Friday, February 04, 2005

Our Neighbors

"I saw those people who live a couple of doors down," Gloria said. "What are their names?"

"The People Whose Names We Can't Remember," I said. "Mr. and Mrs."

"They were with their little boy," Gloria said.

"The Boy Whose Name We Can't Remember," I said.

"I can't believe he's almost one," Gloria said. "I wonder when it's his birthday."

"Mid-February," I said immediately.

"How did you know that?" Gloria asked.

"You know me," I said. "I'm all about the neighborhood."

"Oh, right," Gloria said, laughing. "Mr. Block Party."

I'm actually fairly sociable in our neighborhood, as incredible as that may sound. If I'm hanging out with Eli 3.6, everybody wants to talk. And I want to listen. Okay, I admit that sometimes I don't listen too well, and I only remember the name of one little boy because his name rhymes with "Funyon," but I'm trying.

Site Meter