Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Balls, I Say

Excerpts from the story at http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/16449119?source=PA:
A Welsh rugby fan cut off his own testicles after his team beat England, police confirmed today...

It was reported that the man told his friends: "If Wales win I'll cut my own balls off."


After the 11-9 victory in the Six Nations clash, the man is reported to have gone outside and severed his testicles before bringing them back into the club to show fellow drinkers.

A local was reported as saying that the man was on medication and should not have been drinking.

Now that's what I call a bittersweet victory. And could somebody please call the "local" and find out WHAT medication this guy was on? Because we all need to check our prescriptions. Right now.

People can say about me what they want. My reputation doesn't mean so much that I want to be defined by the phrase "He's got no balls, but he's a man of his word."

I immediately assumed that this was an urban legend (and still hope it is), but a thorough search of Snopes.com and a few other places turned up nothing to discredit the story. During this search, Gloria was standing beside me, and after a few minutes she offered a definitive comment on the whole affair:
"The only thing worse than you scouring the Internet for confirmation that a man cut off his own balls is that I'm standing here watching you do it!" she said.
"I'm using that," I said.
"Great," she said. "Just great."

Site Meter