Friday, November 12, 2004

Promise Broken: Thirty-two hours, forty-two minutes

Damn it. I promise not to make any more pre-release posts about Half-Life 2, then Gamespot has to come out with a Behind the Gamer feature called "The Final Hours of Half-Life 2." It's more than the final hours--it's an in-depth look at the entire development process, including interviews with Valve principals (including Gabe Newell) that are very candid and revealing. It's a terrific read.
Here's the link:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6112889/?q=1&tag=gs_hp_topslot_click.

Please note that the date Half-Life 2 actually went gold at Valve was the same date given by my source when I posted last month that the game had gone gold. I fully expect this to be the only scoop I'll have in this century. Please lower your scoop expectations accordingly.

Site Meter