Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Diversions

Here are two fun links I came across today.

The first is the website for "The Incredibles," Pixar's new film debuting Friday. This is the first Pixar film for The Iron Giant creator Brad Bird, which makes it a landmark event for me (I'm seeing at at 10:00 a.m. Friday). I thought The Iron Giant was one of the finest animated films ever made.

So after that digression, here's the website: www.theincredibles.com. Choose the 'Games' option, then choose 'Picture Yourself as a Superhero.' It's a series of mini-games after which you'll be given your own superhero name. You can then import a picture and print out a superhero badge. It's all very fun, and both Eli 3.3 and I have our own superhero badges now.

Then there's a new game from Team Large Animal called RocketBowl. Here's their description:
RocketBowl is a retro-futuristic bowling game set at the Kalamazoo World's Fair of 1958. Unlike traditional bowling games, RocketBowl is played over a contoured course of ten frames, adding a whole new dimension to the king of all leisure sports.

What makes RocketBowl fun is the retro feel (very, very well done) combined with wacky bowling alleys in outdoor environments. I downloaded the demo from http://www.largeanimal.com/games/rocketbowl/index.html and really enjoyed myself. It's very relaxing and pleasantly paced.

Site Meter