Thursday, July 08, 2004

Camp Plague

Eli 2.11 woke up six times between 9 p.m. and 2:30 a.m. last night. Don't bother doing the math--all calculations lead to suck. The doctor thinks that he might have mono, and don't bother with those calculations, either.

Mono is apparently not quite as long-lasting when you're so young--the doctor said seven to ten days, and we're already in day five. And he's definitely improving--he's actually eating a bit today and I've gotten him to laugh quite a bit.

He was talking to me last night and sneezed right in my face. If they had a mono breathalyzer, I would have blown a .35 and gotten cuffed right there. What is an in-field mono test, anyway? They tell you to walk down the white line and you can't even start because you're too tired?

We have anti-bacterial wipes. I think I'll start sponge-bathing with them.

Site Meter